The purpose of inclusive education in the Igor Sikorsky Polytechnic Institute is to ensure equal access to quality education for people with special educational needs by organizing their studying based on the application of personality-oriented studying methods, taking into account their individual peculiarities.
Students with special educational needs are people with psychophysical development disorders (hearing, vision, speech, musculoskeletal disorders, etc.) who are not contraindicated in their chosen specialty (specialization) and who require special studying conditions.
Formation of conditions for receiving by the person with special educational needs of high-quality education in the Igor Sikorsky Polytechnic Institute aims at:
- expansion of access to qualitative higher education using of modern information technologies;
- realization of a personal approach to studying process in accordance with the features and capabilities of each student;
- expanding university resources to improve the quality of education;
- formation of positive attitude towards students with special educational needs at other university students.
6.1. Main Focus Areas
The main areas of work for the organization of studying for people with special educational needs at the university are:
- providing information about the university and the conditions of study;
- providing students with the problems of the musculoskeletal system with free access to the university infrastructure (in accordance with the re-equipped classrooms, etc.);
- provision of additional technical equipment: computer programs for the visually impaired, sound amplification systems for hearing-impaired persons, special furniture for persons with musculoskeletal disorders and others like that;
- development of individual curricula and analysis of their implementation;
- application of distance studying;
- the use of educational content to expand the informational, educational space and provide students with additional methodological materials;
- monitoring the quality of studying of people with special educational needs;
- formation of complex (technical, organizational, pedagogical, psychological, social) support of people with special educational needs.
6.2. Details of Organization of Educational Process for individuals with Special Educational Needs
Admission for studying of people with special educational needs is carried out in accordance with the Rules of admission to the Igor Sikorsky Polytechnic Institute.
At the beginning of the studying year, the contingent of students with special educational needs, who are enrolled in the first year, are studying at the graduation departments, as well as receiving information from the University Admission Committee about the existing impairment of functions and special needs in the studying process.
The studying of people with special educational needs is conducted in accordance with the curricula of the specialty (specialization) of the corresponding LHE provided they are adapted to the existing ones in the Igor Sikorsky Polytechnic Institute resources and opportunities to complete the curriculum.
In some cases, taking into account the individual characteristics of students with special educational needs, it is possible to study according to an individual plan or on an individual schedule. An individual schedule is given by the director of the institute / dean of the faculty on the basis of the student's application in the presence of the recommendations of medical institutions, graduation department and curator of the studying group.
The organization of the educational process (theoretical studies, the periodic and semester control, practical training, final certification of students, etc.), realization of the academic rights of higher education graduates with special educational needs is carried out and is accompanied in accordance with the current legislation, this Regulation and other normative documents of the university that regulate the studying of students in the Igor Sikorsky Polytechnic Institute.
|Інклюзивне навчання [text, uk, .pdf]||102.72 KB|