Head: prof. Volodymyr O. Koval
Director of training programs: prof. Borys A. Tsyganok
Deputy Head: Vasyl M. Malush
Address: Academic building 31, 5a Metalistiv St., Kyiv-56, 03056
Telephone: +380 (44) 204-86-59, 204-86-58
Tel. fax: +380 (44) 236-10-63
E-mail (for admission): admission[at]kpi.ua
E-mail (reception): cmo-dekanat[at]kpi.ua
Center of International Education of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute consists of:
- organizational, academic and educational division;
- marketing, technical service and working with graduate division;
- social and living conditions division;
- testing, retraining and continuing education sector for foreign students;
- preparatory division for foreign students.
- Fundamental disciplines section;
- Natural and economic disciplines section.
Since the foundation of Kyiv Polytechnic Institute in 1898, it has started the education among foreign citizens.
Among well-known foreign graduates of Kyiv Polytechnic are: Wojciech Sventoslavskyy – famous Polish specialist in the field of physical chemistry, Liu Tseng Fen – Minister of Civil Aviation of China, Maydarzhavyn – backup pilot of Mongolian astronaut and many, many others.
At various times, the organization of training, accommodation, medical care, social and sporting life of foreign citizens at the National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” was cared except basic faculties, institutes, by the dean’s office of foreign citizens, the International Faculty, and by Decree of Rector from September 2012 after reorganization of International Faculty was founded the Center of International Education of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute (CIE).
Main aim of CIE is to create systematic information-methodological environment for ensuring high level of academic activity using modern teaching methods, high quality of educational services for foreigners, forming integrated international students’ society in Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute.
Areas of activity are the following:
- monitoring of academic activity market in different parts of the world, development and realization of practical steps involving foreigners in studying at the university, particularly taking part in international educational exhibitions, presentations, seminars, etc.;
- search for foreign, domestic government and non- government organizations, institutions and companies, specializing in sending Ukrainian citizen and foreigners abroad to study;
- development of the agreements, contracts with mentioned above institutions, organizations, firms according to the regulations of admission of foreigners to study in Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute;
- organization the admission campaign for foreign students of all forms of education among the best prepared and talented young people;
- formation of the foreign students’ admission plan for training at Preparatory division and combined admission plan of students, doctorate and post-doctorate students, and trainees proposed by faculties and institutes;
- organization of the foreign students’ passports registration process;
- organization of pre-university training (Preparatory division) of foreign students;
- Bachelor’s, Specialist’s and Master’s training maintenance at all institutions and faculties of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute according to licensed specialties;
- coordination of the activity of faculties, institutions of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute in regard to fulfillment of curriculum and programs for foreign students;
- supervision of the foreign students education;
- analysis of the academic and education processes with the aim of its improvement towards realization of modern educational programs;
- methodological support of the educational process of the faculty;
- collaboration with communities in educating foreign students;
- notification foreign students of the rules of living and staying conditions in Ukraine during the training process;
- organization of the events for social adaptation of foreign students, studying at University, supporting the students’ membership circles, societies, clubs;
- participation in development of Ukrainian language standards, tests of different levels for definition of the Ukrainian language proficiency level for foreign students; and testing foreign students;
- communication with foreign graduates of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, and collaboration with them.