Nearly eighty percent of students ofIgor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute receive academic scholarship. The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine establishes the minimum academic scholarship. The Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute has a system of encouraging the best students: there are established KPI's and personal scholarships (about 175), scholarship of the President of Ukraine (5), scholarship of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (1), scholarship of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (4), scholarship of I.V.Kurchatov (2). In addition to the basic scholarship, the special scholarship "Energoatom" ( 1000 Hryvnas) and the personal scholarship of the Polytechnic Institute graduate, people's deputy of Ukraine D.Y.Andriievskyi are allocated.
Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute holds significant, important for society socially oriented work. Orphans, disabled students, students affected by Chornobyl and student families with children are registered in DNVR and they constantly are the object of attention and are assisted.
Scholarship is a permanent monetary payment provided regularly (usually monthly) for pupils and students of secondary and higher education, as well as postgraduates and doctoral candidates subject to successful study. Regulated by the law of Ukraine "On Higher Education", art. Number 54, paragraph 2: "Those who study full-time in higher education establishments at the expense of the state or local budgets are eligible for social or academic scholarships. Scholarship’s amount, order of its awarding and payment are regulated by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine."
In Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute scholarship is awarded to:
- Full-time students who study at the expense of the state budget;
- Students who study under the agreements concluded between Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute and physical or legal individuals, scholarships may be paid from the funds of those individuals if it is provided in the signed agreement;
- Students who are foreign citizens and persons without citizenship, awarding and payment of scholarship are conducted under the international agreement of Ukraine and acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Variety of scholarships:
Academic scholarships are awarded under the order of enrollment to universities and research institutions, and according to the results of studies and achievement in education.
Kinds of academic scholarships:
- Ordinary (common) academic scholarships;
- Scholarship of the President of Ukraine, of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, scholarships awarded to pupils, students and cadets according to the results of study, amount and order of scholarships awarding of which are determined by certain regulations;
- Name- or personal scholarships of an educational establishment;
- Social scholarships are awarded for public benefits and guarantees for certain categories of citizens on the basis of normative legal regulations.