1. The Supervisory Board of the National Technical University of Ukraine "Kiev Polytechnic Institute" (hereinafter - the Supervisory Board of the University) was established in accordance with Art. Number 37 of the Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education" and in accordance with the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine order № 748 from "24" in June 2014 to help address the problems of long-term development of the University, attracting financial resources for its activities and the implementation of public control over their use as well as the management of its property, subject to the purpose of his creation.
2. The Supervisory Board is guided by the Constitution and laws of Ukraine, acts of the President of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, as well as the present Regulations.
3. The Supervisory Board within its competence:
- considers the development strategy of the University, promotes leadership institutions in the implementation of the state policy on training, retraining and skills development and execution of scientific research for economic entities, the basic branches of economy of Ukraine and improve the content of higher education;
- participates in the definition of the main areas of training, retraining, advanced training, and the creation of the conditions for adequate state order for training of specialists, monitors the implementation of the University of the order;
- determines the level of correspondence the content of education at the University to the current requirements for training for enterprises, institutions and other key industries of Ukraine;
- assists in the development of the scientific activities of the University, to identify priority areas of basic and applied research aimed at innovative development and strengthening of national security, analyzes the effectiveness of scientific innovation and promotes the implementation of the results of research and development into practice;
- facilitates interaction with public authorities, local authorities, with enterprises, institutions and organizations, educational and scientific institutions of Ukraine and other countries;
- promotes the staffing of the University;
- exercises control over the management of the University, hears reports of the Rector on the implementation of the main objectives of the institution;
- addresses issues of budget financing of the University, as well as reports on the use of budgetary and other resources;
- develops proposals for improving the basic directions of teaching, research, innovation, information, methodical, publishing, administrative and economic activities actively on the basis of the Nice University study;
- analyzes the activities of the University, prepares and submits to the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine proposals for further development strategy NTUU "KPI" as a leading technical university in Ukraine.
4. The Supervisory Board has the right to:
- to involve specialists of state authorities, local authorities, enterprises, institutions and organizations (in consultation with their heads), experts in addressing issues within its jurisdiction;
- to receive in the prescribed manner of public authorities, local governments, enterprises, institutions and organizations the information and materials needed to perform the tasks assigned to it.
5. The Supervisory Board is created and approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine on the proposal of the university leadership consisting of a chairman, deputy chairman and members of the Supervisory Board.
The term of work approved by the Supervisory Board shall be five years.
Members of the Supervisory Board shall perform their duties on a voluntary basis.
6. The organizational form of the Supervisory Board are meetings that are held when necessary, but at least once a year.
The meeting of the Supervisory Board shall be considered valid if attended by the majority of its members.
The meeting of the Supervisory Board is conducted by its chairman, and in his absence by the Deputy Chairman .
The Rector of the University or the person performing his duties participated in the Supervisory Board meetings in an advisory capacity.
7. The decision of the Supervisory Board shall be taken by a simple majority vote of its members. In the case of an equal vote, the vote of the chairman shall be decisive.
The decision of the Supervisory Board, adopted within its competence are required to account for them by the University.
The decisions of the Supervisory Board shall be recorded in a protocol and signed by the chairman of the meeting.
Minutes of meetings of the Supervisory Board are sent to its members and the Rector of the University, and, if necessary to the executive authorities, local governments, enterprises, institutions and organizations on matters within their competence.
8. Organizational and logistical support activities of the Supervisory Board are provided by the University.
9. The Supervisory Board uses the forms with its name.