Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute and State Employment Agency signed an agreement on cooperation on October 31.
From the side of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute the document was signed by rector Michael Zgurovskyi, from the party of the State Employment Agency – the executive officer of the head of the (Central HQ) Valeriy Yaroshenko.
The signing ceremony was preceded by a conversation about the opportunities offered by the initiation of the cooperation between the SEA and the Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute and its main areas.
“For us, cooperation with the State Employment Service is very important. After all, our students, young scientists, graduates in the current conditions, not always can get the job they would like to have, do not have the relevant information. And people with a rather high potential are used in society inefficiently. But, cooperating with your department, we will be able to better assist the youth” – said in the beginning of the conversation Michael Zgurovskyi.
Valeriy Yaroshenko spoke about the need to eliminate the imbalance between the demands of the labor market and the training of the relevant specialists in the high school. According to him, this situation leads to the fact that quite a lot of current graduates of institutions of higher education, who cannot secure their existence as a result of higher education in a specialty, make decisions on retraining on workers' specialties. This indicates that the state does not have a system of vocational guidance, as a result of which young people receive unwanted or unemployed professions, as well as a general strategy of training specialists that would respond quickly to changes in the labor market.
“I would divide the problems that we have to resolve into two groups” said Michael Zgurovskyi – The first group is a problem today. Currently, university graduates are not always able to find a job. The reasons for this are different: insufficient awareness, other factors. If we combine our efforts, we will help these young people. But there is another group of problems – it refers to the strategy. We have to train specialists for those professions that will exist for five, ten years, and beyond ... In order for us to assess the future in this area more precisely, we need to cooperate with a service that has a relevant database for the country as a whole”. Therefore, the rector proposed to combine the analytical capabilities of the university (in particular, the World Data Center for Geoinformatics and Sustainable Development (WDC-Ukraine), which works at Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute) in terms of scientific assessment and forecasting of labor market prospects taking into account a number of social and other factors, and the possibilities of the State Employment Agency with its most accurate information on the current state of the labor market and the trends observed therein for certain periods.
Oleksandr Yatsun, chairman of the Kyiv city organization of the Union of Education and Science of Ukraine, took an active part in discussing the issues of cooperation between Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute and the general higher school with the State Employment Agency. He emphasized issues of social responsibility and introduction of social innovations.
Consequently, the agreement between the Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute and the State Employment Agency was concluded for the implementation of projects in the area of promoting the employment of young professionals, informing the university students about the state and main trends of the local labor market, including the supply and demand for labor, the requirements of employers to jobseekers, system of measures for social protection of youth.
In order to achieve this goal, the parties to the agreement will cooperate in the following areas:
- joint organization, holding and participation in employer presentations, trainings, seminars, workshops, round tables, scientific conferences, research in order to facilitate the employment of students and university graduates;
- placement and constant updating of information on the urgent need for staff, recruitment process, recommendations on starting a business and finding a job (the procedure and conditions for such placement will additionally be agreed upon by mutual agreement of the parties);
- Assist students in obtaining additional professional skills and qualifications through continuing their practice directly at enterprises, institutions and organizations of the city, as well as, according to individual agreements, at the State Employment Service;
- Participation in realization of joint programs, projects, measures on employment of students;
- development and implementation of training and information programs and courses, various projects aimed at raising awareness of the functions and role of the State Employment Service for Youth;
- generalization, adaptation and introduction of the best international experience on employment of student youth and graduates of educational institutions;
- highlighting of bright examples of results of effective cooperation and others in the media.
To properly coordinate the actions of the parties to the agreement and to resolve the current issues of cooperation, it was stated during the meeting that the employees responsible for ensuring constant and regular interaction were identified. In Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute these issues will be dealt with by the Deputy First Vice-Rector Sergiy Gozhiy and vice-rector Petro Kyrychok. And the analytical part of the cooperation will be provided by the team of the World Data Center for Geoinformatics and Sustainable Development.
In the photo: Oleksandr Yatsun, Michael Zgurovskyi and Valeryi Yaroshenko after signing the contract