Language teaching department for foreign students was founded in 1956 to provide language teaching of foreign citizens that study in Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute. The department has been a part of the Faculty of Linguistics since 2014.
The department comprises of highly-qualified and creative lecturers who provide teaching of Russian and Ukrainian languages for students of preparatory division, bachelors, masters and post-graduates of all Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute faculties.
At the department there are methodological laboratory and library of scientific and methodological literature.
The main spheres of department work are:
- Highly-qualified teaching of Russian and Ukrainian languages is provided to foreign students of all faculties of the university that allows them to master all types of registers. In particular, scientific style in order to succeed in their studying of selected specialties;
- Teaching of culture studies in the context of European and global cultural space:
- Development of educational programs and methodological materials.
Staff of the department provides teaching of the following disciplines:
- Ukrainian and Russian languages for students of preparatory division;
- Ukrainian and Russian languages for student of all Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute faculties;
- Ukrainian and Russian languages for post-graduates of all Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute faculties.
Staff of the department is successfully working on such spheres:
- Participation in scientific conferences;
- Scientific assistance of students and post-graduates thesis;
- Preparation of scientific publications;
- Review of scientific publications.