Address: 37 Peremohy Avenue, Bldg. 21, office 306, Kiev, 03056, Ukraine;
Phone / fax (044) 204-86-05;
e-mail: xtkm [at] kpi.ua
Social networks: FB
Department of Chemical Technology of Composition Materials (HTKM / CTCM) originates from the Department of Technology of building materials and minerals, which existed from 1898 - the year of the creation of the Kiev Polytechnic Institute. From 1990 to the present department is headed by Valentin A. Swiderski – doctor of science, prof., Academician of the Engineering Academy of Sciences (1992), Honored Scientist of Ukraine (2004), Successful education of Ukraine (1998), Honored Worker of Ukraine cement industry (2009), Academician of the Academy of Engineering Sciences of Ukraine and the New York Academy of Sciences, State Prize of the USSR (1981).
HTKM Department prepares specialists in:
- Chemical Engineering - Bachelor educational level;
- Chemical technology of refractory non-metal and silicate materials - educational level Specialist and Master of Science;
- Chemical Technology of Polymer and Composite Materials - educational level Specialist and Master of Science.
The department has educational and scientific laboratories premises with a total area of nearly 1000 square meters, equipped with modern laboratory and scientific equipment (spectrophotometer, scanning electron microscope, instrument for complex thermal analysis - derivatograph, IR spectrometers, process plants poster) there is the class of modern personal computers connected to the network Internet.
During training students in the department are able to participate in the performance of research and development work performed at the department.
Students of the department have the opportunity to work on probation and study abroad. For example in the framework of Ukraine-French project "Two diplomas", implemented by Faculty of Chemical Technology in conjunction with the University du Maine (m. Le Mans, France).
After graduation students of the department can work in the chemical and the related industries, in research institutes in design and environmental departments, faculty in the departments in universities, commercial establishments and firms. The fundamental training allows graduates to continue their studies department at the graduate and doctoral studies.
Research work at the Department CTCM performed in three key areas:
- new substances and materials;
- innovative and resource-saving technologies in energy, industry and agriculture;
- environmental conservation and sustainable development.
Since 2000, the Department CTCM annually organizes and conducts international scientific and technical WEB-conference "Composite materials" and conducts scientific seminars "Theoretical Foundations of cement" for employees of the cement industry in Ukraine.
The department collaborates with academic and industrial institutes and enterprises:
- National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Institute for Superhard Materials, Institute for Materials Science, Institute Biocolloidal Chemistry, Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, etc.);
- With educational institutions (NTU "Lviv Polytechnic National Technical University", "Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute", "Ukrainian State University of Chemical Technology", "National University of Construction and Architecture");
- Industry enterprises (Ukrainian Association of enterprises and organizations of cement industry "Ukrcement", JSC "Salavat industrial complex "Budfarfor", LLC "New Building Materials" Ltd. NTU "Polirem", LLC "Technocom", JSC "Ukrplastik" State Research Institute "Elastik", JSC "Kyyivhuma").