Address: ul. Polytechnique, 6, Building 5, ATS, 03056, Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel/Fax: +380 44 204 8339
Opening hours: from 9:00 to 18:00, Monday to Friday. Lunch break from 13:00 to 14:00
Internet services and network Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute support service
Tel: +380 44 204 8888
Opening hours center of information (7 housing 130a room): from 9:00 to 20:00 (New users and departments KPI), from 16:00 to 20:00 (existing users)
Scientific and Technical Association "KPI-Telecom" (STA "KPI-TELECOM") - a division of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, which was established in 2002 on the basis of computer telecommunication center (Center of Informatization University), Internet Center of the University, founded in 1994 and 2000 at Design office of informational systems and in other divisions. The main objectives of the KPI-TELECOM were defined as development and maintenance: campus computer and telecommunication networks and systems of the university and external communication channels; fixed and mobile communication systems; wireless systems and channels on the campus of the University; information site of the University, departments and information resources to be external presentations; protection of information resources of the University computer network.
The main activities are:
- development of telecommunications infrastructure Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute for the operation:
- telephone communication for university departments and individuals;
- alarm systems;
- systems "Dean", "Student", "Campus" and the information systems of the University;
- hosting and e-mail system;
- Support Systems Network - DNS, NTP, network management systems, etc. .
- Internet access for university departments and individuals;
- Wi-Fi network;
- Organizational and regulatory activities
- Information services
KPI develops telecommunications network at their own expense and income derived from the sale of Internet services. Monthly, they are spent on salaries (technical support, service connection and installation, user department, network management, IT department); equipment (switches, routers, servers, spare parts); materials (boxes, crates, ties, twisted pair, fiber optic cables, etc.); external Internet channels, repair and modernization works hostels buildings.