1. General regulations
- Regulations on individual learning plan of an applicant for higher education in Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute (hereinafter - the Regulations) is developed in accordance with the Laws of Ukraine "On Education", "On Higher Education", "Orders of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine Charter and regulatory documents of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute (hereinafter - the University).
- Individual learning plan (hereinafter - ILP) of an applicant for higher education (hereinafter - applicant) - is a document defining the sequence, form and pace of mastering educational components of the educational programme by the applicant aimed at implementation of his/her individual educational trajectory.
- The applicant's ILP is prepared by the graduating department in cooperation with the applicant, as a rule, for each year of study. ILP is signed by the applicant and approved by the Head of Department (for Bachelor/Master applicants), or approved by the Academic Supervisor (for PhD applicants).
- The applicant's ILP comprises a list of required and elective educational components within a limit of 60 ECTS credits per academic year.
- The applicant's choice of academic disciplines and educational components is made from the catalogues of elective courses provided by the respective educational programme and curriculum.
- Catalogues of elective courses are formed in accordance with the procedure established at the University.
- Applicants may select academic disciplines available for other levels of higher education upon agreement with the head of the respective Faculty/Institute and provided that the selected academic discipline is intended to develop the competencies defined in the educational programme in which the applicant is studying.
- All educational components entered in the ILP of the applicant are mandatory for study.
- The implementation of the ILP is executed in accordance with the schedule of the educational process approved at the University for the academic year, the schedule of classes and activities of the current calendar and semester control compiled in accordance with it.
- The applicant is personally responsible for completing the ILP, whereas non-compliance of the ILP within the established time limit is the basis for the applicant's expulsion from the University.
- Current academic differences may, with the permission of the Head of Faculty/Institute, be entered in the applicant's ILP in a separate section.
- Compliance with the requirements of the ILP is a condition for the applicant's transfer to the next course of study, access to the final certification.
2. The process of ILP formation
Bachelor degree applicant – first-level (bachelor's) higher education student
2.1 The ILP of a first-level Bachelor' s degree student is comprised of the required educational components only.
2.2 The ILP of a second-fourth year Bachelor's degree student is formed based on the results of the student's personal choice of academic disciplines and contains the required and the elective courses.
2.3 The student's personal choice of academic disciplines for the next year of study is made annually at the beginning of the spring semester in accordance with the order established in the Regulation on realization of the right to free choice of academic disciplines by applicants for higher education of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute.
2.4 Required physical education course involves the student's choice of the type of physical activity.
2.5 The required foreign language course involves the student's choice of language study (English, German, French) and level of proficiency, which is determined after testing in the first class of the timetable (unless otherwise provided in the relevant HE standard).
Master's degree applicant - a second (Master's) level higher education student
2.6 The ILP of a first-level Master's degree student is formed during the first month of study based on the student's personal choice of academic disciplines and contains required and elective educational components.
2.7 The first semester of Master's program involves the study of educational components provided by the required content of a course.
2.8 The student's personal choice of the component disciplines for the second and third semesters (for education and science programmes) is made during the first academic week.
2.9 Students are obliged to select courses from the faculty/department catalogue in accordance with the order determined by the faculty/institute.
Applicant for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy - postgraduate student of the third (educational-scientific) level of higher education
2.10 The ILP of the postgraduate student (PhD candidate) is an integral part of the individual work plan of the postgraduate student, the conduct of which is regulated by the Regulations on the training of applicants for the degree of doctor of philosophy in Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute.
2.11 The PhD candidate's ILP is to contain a list of disciplines chosen by the candidate/ postgraduate student in an amount not less than 25% of the volume of their educational/scientific programme.
3. Procedures for conducting and monitoring the ILP
Applicant for Bachelor's/Master's Degree
3.1 ILP of the student is prepared according to the form (Appendix A) for each student for the current year and is kept in written form (two copies) and in electronic form.
3.2 Students' memo for the respective level of higher education (Appendix B) is printed on the back of the paper copies of the student's ILP and is an integral part of the ILP.
3.3 The student retains one printed copy; the second copy is kept in the student's personal card in the Dean's Office. Electronic forms of ILP (one file for the entire period of study) are stored in the databases of dean's offices and graduate departments.
3.4 The dean's office and the graduating department monitor the students' compliance with the ILP.
3.5 The results of the calendar (first and second), monitoring and semester control are a form of supervision of the implementation of the ILP, which are reflected in the student's transcript of records and semester control information and in the relevant modules of the Electronic Campus System.
Applicant for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy
3.6 Postgraduate student's ILP is compiled in accordance with the form
(Appendix B) for the current year of study and kept in hard copy (three copies).
3.7 Postgraduate students keep one hard copy, the second copy is kept at the Department of Postgraduate Studies and Doctoral Studies of the University, the third copy is kept at the graduating department.
3.8 Postgraduate student's implementation of ILP is supervised by their academic supervisor and graduating department.
3.9 The applicant has the right to make changes in their ILP in coordination with the academic supervisor and subsequent approval by the Academic Council of the Institute/Faculty Individual learning plan of the postgraduate student.
3.10 The results of the current and semester examinations are a form of monitoring the performance of the ILP, which are recorded in the information lists of the semester control and in the module “Monitoring” of the Electronic Campus System.