Address: AB # 7, Peremohy avenue 37-k, к.401, 03056, Kyiv, Ukraine
The Mathematical Physics and Differential Equations Department is a part of the Faculty of Physics and Mathematics of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute. The department provides teaching of mathematical disciplines at eight faculties and four institutes of the university.
Academic staff of the department include 5 professors, 37 associate professors, 8 senior teachers and 9 assistants, including 6 doctors of science and 44 doctors of philosophy.
The scientific work of the department covers fundamental scientific research in the following areas:
- development of analytical research methods of parabolic equations theory,
- theoretical studies on deterministic chaos in dynamic systems,
- development of the theory of solving operators and the theory of optimal mathematical models,
- development of the theory of nonlinear dynamics of magnetization distribution in crystals in external alternating fields,
- execution of international projects on computer modeling of basic physical and mechanical processes in materials science.
The department cooperates with the V.M. Hlushkov Institute of Cybernetics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Computer calculations for large-scale problems are performed on the computing cluster of the Institute of Cybernetics of the National Academy of Sciences. Together with Lithuanian Vytautas Magnus University, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Kamianets-Podilskyi National University, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv and other educational and scientific centers of Ukraine, international scientific conferences ``Modern problems of Mathematical Modeling, Forecasting and Optimization" are held. The department takes an active part in holding international scientific conferences dedicated to the outstanding scientist academician Mykhailo Kravchuk.