Address: 37, Beresteisky Avenue, Kyiv, 03056, Ukraine, Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, building 1, room 240-A
Phone numbers for inquiries: (+38044) 204-93-91
Secretary of the Methodological Council: Nadiia Osadcha
The Methodological Council of the National Technical University of Ukraine "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute" is a collegial advisory body that develops the strategy and directions of the University's educational activities, develops practical recommendations for improving the system of internal quality assurance of higher education.
The Methodological Council is one of the forms of ensuring the participation of research and teaching staff and higher education students in shaping the content of education to ensure the quality of education and educational activities.
In its activities, the University Methodological Council is guided by the Constitution of Ukraine, the Laws of Ukraine "On Education" and "On Higher Education", regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, orders and instructions of the Rector, decisions of the Academic Council, the Code of Honour, the University Statute and the Regulations on the Methodological Council of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute.
The main tasks of the Methodological Council:
- development and improvement of the system of internal quality assurance of higher education at the university;
- introduction of innovative teaching technologies into the educational process and their methodological support;
- Coordination of the educational and methodological work of faculties/educational and research institutes;
- monitoring the process and results of licensing of specialities, internal and external accreditation of educational programmes;
- organising pedagogical experiments to introduce and evaluate the effectiveness of new technologies, forms and methods of organising the educational process and developing recommendations for their implementation;
- consideration of issues and decision-making on establishing requirements for the forms and content of materials and documents that are part of the educational and methodological support of educational programmes, introduction of new/improvement of existing forms of documents to ensure the quality organisation and conduct of the educational process.
Functions of the Methodological Council:
- analyses and summarises the experience of conducting classes, practices and certification of higher education students, organisation of independent work of higher education students, information and methodological support of academic disciplines, other educational and methodological work of the University's departments, develops proposals for their improvement;
- develops proposals for the organisation of control and evaluation of the learning outcomes of higher education students, analysis of the results of quality control;
- analyses, improves and approves the methodology for calculating the academic workload of academic staff, develops recommendations on the norms of academic workload;
- analyses the results of student enrolment and graduate employment, the results of the educational activities of the academic departments;
- considers proposals of the University's scientific and methodological commissions on specialities to open new/update existing educational programmes and curricula and prepares recommendations to the Academic Council for their approval;
- considers and approves: university-wide catalogues of elective disciplines (UW-Catalogues), reference books of disciplines for developers of educational programmes and work programmes (syllabi) of such disciplines; catalogues of elective disciplines of the professional training cycle (F-Catalogues);
- introduces new/improves existing forms of documents to ensure the quality organisation and conduct of the educational process;
- reviews and approves the standards for scoring the rating of academic staff;
- considers the submission of the Expert Council on Educational Publications, submits a petition to the Academic Council of the University to assign the stamp "Approved by the Academic Council of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute as a textbook" to the manuscripts of educational publications, provides the manuscripts of educational publications with the stamp "Recommended by the Methodological Council of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute as a textbook"; makes decisions on the certification of distance learning courses.
Meetings of the Methodological Council are held, as a rule, monthly during the academic year on the third Thursday of the month or on another day determined by the chairman of the Methodological Council.
The meeting is chaired by the Chairperson of the Methodological Council, or in his/her absence, by the Deputy Chairperson of the Methodological Council.