Adress: NTB, 37, Prospekt Peremogy, Kyiv, Ukraine”
Tel. : (+38044) 204-81-66; Fax: (+38044) 204-80-48
Foundation date : 2003 with assistance of Embassy of Japan in Ukraine
According to the Agreement between the Government of Ukraine and The Government of Japan on technical cooperation and grant assistance dated 10.06.2004 (Tokyo), the Agreement between the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine and Foreign Affairs Ministry of Japan dated 15.07.2005, and the Protocol on technical cooperation between Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and National Technical University of Ukraine ‘Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute’ dated 22.05.2006 the project of technical assistance " Ukrainian-Japanese Center" was started (Project UJC)
The aim of the Center activity is the fulfillment of the functions as the receiving organization (recepient) in realization of the project of technical assistance " Ukrainian-Japanese Center", the development of cooperation between University, its subdivisions and JICA (Japan) in educational, scientific and technical, cultural, economic and other spheres, the assistance for Ukrainian partners in their cooperation with Japanese partners.
Jointly with the “UJC” project UJC of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute performs its activity in such directions as:
- organization of courses of the Japanese language;
- inviting Japanese experts, who will assist the realization of common projects and programs, cooperation;
- establishment and maintenance of the library of Japanese literature (video- and audio- rental clubs);
- assistance of studying the problems of development with Japanese experts participation;
- establishment of the courses of learning ikebana, Japanese calligraphy, tea ceremony, Ho game (Japanese chess) ;
- realization of exhibitions in educational, scientific, cultural spheres with Japanese partners participation;
- organization of business-seminars, seminars on the problems of cooperation ‘science-authority-industry’; energy conservation problems, etc.
Courses of the Japanese language.
Activities of Ukrainian-Japanese Center of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute in organizing the Japanese language teaching consist in language courses realization and also in popularizing learning Japanese around Ukraine.
With the deepening of relations between our countries the necessity in learning Japanese increases from year to year. By this time, Japanese has been taught only in a few institutions. The courses are oriented on the wide audience who are interested in Japan, have the necessity to master the Japanese language for professional purposes.
The studies are fulfilled with an attraction of Japanese and local teachers. Four-level curriculum is developed by Japanese experts.
- beginner level;
- level for those who continue studying the language;
- upper-intermediate level;
- advanced level.
The children group has also lessons of Japanese.
Ikebana, tea ceremony, calligraphy and Ho game courses
There are lessons of ancient arts for those who are willing to know about the Japanese culture and national traditions.
One of the Center’s tasks is the assistance to strengthen the mutual understanding between Japanese and Ukrainian people by giving the informational service, realization of cultural events, giving representatives of both nations an opportunity to communicate. Center’s services include: library, video and audio rental clubs, journalistic stand and an internet-corner.
Books, journals and newspapers (with an exception of recent periodicals), as well as videotapes, audiotapes and CD-disks can be given for home usage. There are computers with the available Japanese language for Japanese sites viewing in the internet-corner.
Among the noticeable events in the organization of which UJC of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute participated are:
- The first annual conference of the graduating students of Ukrainian school of political studios;
- The round table with the Japanese specialists on the topic: ‘The transfer of technologies – interaction between scientific educational institutions, production and governmental organizations’;
- Festival activities " The month of Japan in Ukraine".
- organized by the Embassy of Japan in Ukraine and the Project ‘Ukrainian-Japanese Center’ festival" The month of Japan in Ukraine"(September-November 2006) in the frames of this month:
- concerts of Japanese drummers in the National Opera of Ukraine and the Palace of culture and arts of University;
- the tournament of kendo on the Cup of the Ambassador of Japan in the sport hall of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute;
- Japan Business Intelligence Association seminar;
- Seminar on" Kioto- Mechanism" (organized mutually with JETRO);
- Ho game competitions (Japanese chess) on the Cup of the Ambassador of Japan.