IMZ address: Building 9, Polytechnichna street, 35, 03056, Kyiv, Ukraine
Departments of the IMZ
- Department of Foundry of Ferrous and Nonferrous Metals
- Department of Metallurgy and Heat Treatment
- Department of High Temperature Materials
- Department of Physicochemical Foundations of Metallurgical Processes
- Department of Physics of Metals
- Department of Welding Technology
- Department of Smart Connection Technology and Surface Engineering
- Department of Laser Systems and Physical Technologies
- The CENTRE for the collective use of scientific equipment "Materials science of refractory compounds and composites"
- Laboratory of electron microscopy http://imz.kpi.ua/uk/7-tsentr-elektronnoji-mikroskopiji.html
- X-ray analysis laboratory Rigaku http://imz.kpi.ua/uk/15-tsentr-rentgenostrukturnogo-analizu-rigaku.html
- Laboratory of optical microscopy http://imz.kpi.ua/uk/8-laboratoriya-optichnoji-mikroskopiji.html
- Laboratory of mass spectrometry http://imz.kpi.ua/uk/16-laboratoriya-masspektrometriji.html
- Laboratory of electron beam technologies http://imz.kpi.ua/uk/9-tsentr-elektronno-promenevikh-tekhnologij.html
- Laboratory of spark-plasma sintering http://imz.kpi.ua/uk/10-laboratoriya-iskro-plazmovogo-spikannya.html
- Laboratory of micromechanical experiments http://imz.kpi.ua/uk/11-laboratoriya-mikromekhanichnikh-viprobovuvan.html
- Laboratory of mechanical experiments
- Laboratory of computer 3D modeling and 3D analysis http://imz.kpi.ua/uk/13-laboratoriya-komp-yuternogo-3d-modelyuvannya-ta-3d-analizu.html
- Laboratory of nanostructured materials
- Laboratory of electron-ion technologies
- Laboratory of plasma, hybrid and additive technologies
- The Centre of energetics of the future
E.O. Paton Institute of Materials Science and Welding was created in the structure of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute in 2020 on the basis of the Faculty of Engineering Physics, the Faculty of Welding and the Department of Laser Engineering and Physical and Technical Technologies, combining scientific schools with more than 80 years of history. Due to such restructuring, the opportunities for the implementation of major strategic scientific and educational projects of the state level of civilization, including the quality of life, have significantly expanded, and the processes of obtaining an innovative competitive product have accelerated. The principles of synergetic strengthening of scientific schools and strengthening of scientific and pedagogical potential of divisions and conditions for self-realization of students, young teachers and scientists were created.
Implementation of modern management methods, including project management, to quickly focus on the challenges of the global market enabled an increase in efficiency and opportunities to update and expand the laboratory base, the competencies of graduates in solving the threefold problem of material - processing - connection.
IMZ prepares specialists in the fields of materials science, metallurgy and welding and related technologies (soldering, cutting, regenerative production, coating, heat treatment, etc.).
Graduates of the institute work as materials scientists, technologists, work - coordinators (for example, welding and / or restorative), 3D-printing engineers, designers of structures and equipment, inspectors and specialists in destructive and non-destructive methods of control, designers of automated systems in governmental and commercial (scientific and industrial) institutions in Ukraine and abroad.
IMZ Specialities and educational programs
Terms of study for bachelors:
3 years - full-time or part-time (shortened term): based on the educational and qualification level of a junior specialist in any specialty (for graduates of technical schools and colleges)
4 years - full-time or part-time: on the basis of complete general secondary education
Terms of study for masters:
1.5 years - full-time or part-time form of educational and professional program
2 years - full-time form of educational and scientific program
Terms of study for Ph.D: 4 years - full-time, evening or part-time
IMZ Specialities and educational programs:
131 "Applied mechanics"
Technological systems of connection and surface engineering - http://ip.kpi.ua/uk/node/81
Laser technology and computerized processes of physical and technical processing - https://ltft.kpi.ua/ua/abituriientam/chomu-ltft.html
132 «Material science»
Nanotechnologies and computer design of materials - http://compnano.kpi.ua/uk/
Metal-physical processes and their computer modelling - https://kpm.kpi.ua/abituri%d1%94nt-2019/
Metallurgy and computer modelling of heat treatment processes - https://mto.kpi.ua/vstup/vstup-na-1-kurs-za-sertifikatami-zno/
Computerized casting processes - https://foundry.kpi.ua/vstup/
Special metallurgy - http://www.fhotm.kpi.ua/abitur.php