Department of Industrial Electronics (IE) was founded in 1962. It is part of the Faculty of Electronics at National Technical University of Ukraine "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute". Over the years the Department has trained 4540 engineers, from 1997 ear - 64 masters, more than 180 specialists for other states. More than 60 students of the Department become candidates of technical sciences, 9 - doctors.
Nowadays, the department includes: 21 full professors, including 4 doctors of technical sciences and 12 candidates of technical sciences.
The Department provides basic training for specialists in electronics on specialty "electronic systems" in a broad range of disciplines which conform today's trends of scientific and information technology development, by following programs:
- Bachelor of Electronics — term of training - 4 years;
- Master of Electronics – term of training - 6 years;
Forms of learning in IE department – full- and part-time.
In general, the following main directions of training at the Department of IE can be identified:
- development and designing of microprocessor devices and control systems;
- control and regulation of a wide destination;
- development and designing of power electronic devices and systems;
- transformation and adjustment of parameters of electric energy;
- computer design methods and information processing;
- usage of information computer technology in control and display devices;
- exploitation and maintenance of electronic equipment of a wide destination.
Focusing on development of computer and microprocessor systems provides knowledge of hardware and software. Especially pay attention to the fact that on the department discipline "Microprocessor Technology," taught for 4 semesters - such focus on study is explained by that fact that practically any modern electronic control system can be realized on the microprocessor (microcontroller) bases.
In the process of bachelor preparation, students learn a number of interrelated disciplines, which allow to understand the operating principle of the various apparatuses and electronics devices, learn methods of analyzing processes in them and learn to calculate elements of electronic systems. Students learn methods of designing and constructing of electronic devices and systems, considering the questions of their maintenance and exploitation. Preparation of Masters is in two directions: Master of Engineering - professionals in the development and maintenance of electronic equipment and Masters of Science – training for research in power electronics, computer and microprocessor techniques.