Dean: Professor Zhuykov Valeriy Yakovlevych
Address: Room 115, Build.12, 16/9 Yangelya Street Kyiv, Ukraine, 03056
Telephone: 204-94-32, 204-94-40, 204-83-06
Faculty Day: the last but one Friday of May
The departments of faculty of electronics
- The Department of Microelectronics – МЕ
- The Department of Electronic Devices and Equipment – ED
- The Department of Industrial Electronics – IE
- Electronic Engineering Department - EI (old name- The Department of Physical and Biomedical Electronics, PBME)
- The Department of Electronic and Computing Equipment Engineering – ECEE
- The Department of Acoustics and Acoustic Electronics – AAE
- The Department of Acoustic Engineering and Information Registration – AEIR
Faculty of Electronics consisting of Departments: " Ionic and Electronic Devices", " Dielectrics and Semiconductors" and "Industrial Electronics" was founded by the order of KPI rector from 24.10.1962. From 1962 to 1974 it was called "Faculty of Radio Electronics" ( FRE ), from 1974 to 1996 "Faculty of Electronic Engineering" ( FEE ), since1996 and till now it is called Faculty of Electronics ( FEL ).
Famous scientists, organizers of science and higher education, such professors as А.І. Vyshnevskyi, М.М Nekrasov and V.S. Rudenko participated in the creation of faculty. The first dean of the faculty was A.I. Vyshnevskyi. In the next years deans were: 1963-1966, 1970-1975 — prof. M. S. Ilchenko, 1966-1970 — prof. G.B. Serduk, 1975-1983 — prof. Y.M. Kalnibolotskyi, 1983-1992 — prof. Y.I. Yakymenko, 1992-2003 —prof. L.D. Pysarenko. Since 2003 the dean of the faculty is V.Y. Zhuykov.
The Department of Theoretical Electronics was founded on the Faculty in 1974 and was headed by the famous scientist and Professor V.P. Sigorskyi. In 1996 to the Faculty joined three departments of Electroacoustic Faculty, which at that time was headed by prof. V.G. Abakubov.
The department trains specialists in nanoelectronics, biomedical electronics, acoustics and acoustoelectronics, telecommunication system and industrial electronics, who are confident users of up-to-date computer design technologies and are capable of operating electronic and acoustic devices, devices and systems of a broad usage.
During studying students have opportunities to receive humanitarian, economic, general engineering and special training, including military service with getting an officer rank and the also have an advantage of the second higher education.
All the students do the practical training, the best ones work on probation abroad.
Students are provided with library, sports complex, dining room, and hostel.
Job placement is ensured with government contract, individual contract and free choice.
The graduates work as the managers and leading specialists of program developments and technical projects in electronics, medical apparatus building, acoustotechnologies and information science in research institutes, electronic enterprises, state management establishments and commercial structures of Ukraine and abroad ( in the countries of CIS, the USA, Canada, Germany, Korea etc.)
About 21 thousand of engineers and masters, more than 400 candidates and 40 doctors of science have graduated from the Faculty; scientific schools have been founded in Ukraine and abroad.
The graduates work in such fields:
- Information microelectronic systems
- Micro- and nanoelectronic appliances and devices
- Physical electronics
- Biomedical electronics
- Medical diagnostics computer means
- Electronics of physicotechnical systems
- Information systems electronics
- Power and microprocessor systems electronics
- Computer systems electronics
- Acoustic multimedia technologies
- Computer processing and acoustic information protection
- Acoustic methods of diagnostics and monitoring
- Bioacoustic technologies
- Video, audio and cine technique
- Formatting systems, transformation and video content registration
- Information-computing means of electronic apparatus building
- Problem-oriented electronic computing means
- Telecommunication systems and networks
- Information transfer, transformation and registration systems
- System integration of telecommunication equipment