- Science and Innovation
- Student Life
Опубліковано: Fri, 13/06/2008 - 13:55 — kpi
Оновлено: 06/03/2017 - 15:14
Версія для друку
Acting Dean, Ph.D., associate professor Antypenko Ruslan V.
Address: Room 423, Build. 17, 12, Polytechnichna Str., Кyiv, Ukraine, 03056
telephone: 204-96-77, 204-85-78, fax 204-83-42
Faculty Day: 7.05-25.05
License Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine AE № 270199 from 02.07.2013
DEPARTMENTS OF RADIOENGINEERING FACULTY OF Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute
- The department of theoretical foundations of radio engineering - TOR, http://tor.kpi.ua
- The department of radio reception and signal processing - ROS, http://ros.kpi.ua
- The department of radio engineering devices and systems - RTPS, http://rtps.kpi.ua
- The department of radio design and electronic radio equipment manufacture – KIVRA, http://kivra.kpi.ua
Radioengineering faculty was established on the basis of the radio laboratory of the electrical engineering faculty of Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, founded by V.V. Ohiyevskiy in 1921. In 1928 was the first graduation of electric engineers in radio speciality. In 1930 the faculty of electrical engineering was separated and reorganized into Kyiv Power Engineering Institute, in which the radiotechnical faculty and the department of radio engineering were established. The faculty and the department were headed by prof. V.V. Ohiyevskiy. 1930 is considered as a year of birth of the Radioengineering faculty of KPI. The regular graduation of radioengineers has started since 1931.
In 1943 the department of radio receiving equipment was headed by N.P. Vollerner. During that period the department had been doing the important defensive research work. The dean of the radiotechnical faculty and the head of the department of radio engineering at that time was professor S.І. Tetelbaum, who later in 1949 established the scientific direction in ultrahigh frequency electronics.
Since 2004 the Dean of the Radioengineering faculty is prof. O.I. Rybin, Doctor of Engineering Science.
Radioengineering Faculty prepares highly skilled professionals capable of working efficiently at all stages of design and manufacturing of modern electronic devices and systems: satellite communication (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, VSAT) and mobile (GSM, CDMA); wired (including optical lines) and wireless computer networks (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth); television and telecommunications systems (WiMAX, LTE, DVB-T2) special communication systems; microprocessor and computer control systems for domestic and industrial purposes; biotechnical and medical diagnosis and treatment systems; robotics and mechatronic systems.
Training is carried out on the basis of modern laboratories using a wide range of specialized software. Such software includes CAD packages: AutoCAD, PCAD, Altium, Designer, MicroCAP, Proteus, Quartus, Multisim, and others., packages of mathematical modeling; MathCAD, Matlab, specialized software HFSS, Microwave Studio, LabView.
In addition, students learn general programming languages such as (C/C++, Assembler, etc.), special languages (Verilog, G, etc.). And WEB-programming (Java, PHP, HTML, etc.) ..
Radioengineering Faculty Students work during practices and after graduation in:
- enterprises and firms such as: ALCATEL, MOTOROLA, MINDSPEED, Ericsson, Melexis, Luxsoft, Ukrtelecom, Ukrainian Mobile Communications, Quasar-Micro, companies of mobile operators MTS, Kievstar, Life ;
- leading companies ISP (LANET, VOLYA, FRESHTEL, TRIOLAN etc.)
- Ukrainian television and radio broadcasting companies ( STB, New Channel, Ukraine, Inter, 1 +1, First National, GAMA, KGTRK, TET etc.);
- Security Service of Ukraine, the Interior Ministry, State Customs control;
- research institutes and design departments, schools, factories and joint ventures of various forms of ownership;
- Kiev City Clinical Center, Center of Nuclear Medicine, Research Institute "Bioregulator."
Future Bachelors, Specialists and/or Masters may be either full time or correspondent students studying on state-subsidized basis or at the expense of the legal entities or natural persons.
Terms of study: Bachelor’s degree program (BD) – 4 years (for correspondent students—4.5); Specialist’s degree program (SD) – 1.5 years; Master’s Degree program (MD) – 2 years. (standard term of study on bachelor’s program and on master’s program)
Applicants may apply for the Bachelor’s degree program specifying desirable specialty of the Master’s degree program. After obtaining Bachelor’s degree the applicants may enter Master’s or Specialists’ degree program on a competitive basis. Academic rights of the graduates of Master’s or Specialists’ degree programs include possibility to enter post-graduate study program in order to obtain academic degree of Candidate of Sciences (PhD).
Specialties of study at RTF of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute
- 172 Telecommunication and radio engineering;
- Smart technologies of electronic microsystems equipment;
- Radio communication and signal processing;
- Radio system engineering;
- Radio-technical information technologies;
Radioengineering Faculty has following publications:
- Известия высших учебных заведений. Радиоэлектроника (Proceedings of the higher educational institutions. Radioelectronics, http://radio.kpi.ua/), ISSN 2307-6011 (Online), ISSN 0021-3470 (Print) - International monthly scientific and technical refereed journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Printed by NTUU "KPI" since 1958. Certificate of state registration of the print media KB № 10692 from 01.12.2005. English version of the journal Radioelectronics and Communications Systems (http://radioelektronika.org/) is issued and distributed by Springer (http://link.springer.com/journal/volumesAndIssues/11976). The Journal is included in the international scientometric database and indexed in SCOPUS, INSPEC, Google Scholar, Academic OneFile, EI-Compendex, Gale, OCLC, SCImago, Summon by Serial Solutions, VINITI, RISC. Impact Factor = 0,113 (WoS, 2012). SJR = 0,193 (Scopus, 2012).
- Вісник НТУУ "КПІ". Серія Радіотехніка. Радіоапаратобудування (Herald NTUU "KPI". Series Radotechnics. Construction of radio equipment, http://radap.kpi.ua). Collection of scientific works contains the results of research into the problems of creating the theoretical foundations of modern radio engineering and construction of radio equipment; practical implementation of science, engineering and technology; intellectualization of the design and production of electronic equipment. Designed for scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs radio industry, teachers, graduate students majoring in electronic profile. Year established in 1956. Certificate of state registration of print media KB № 19314 from 24.04.2012-9114PR. Herald enters international scientometric databases.
Both publications are included in the list of specialized scientific publications of Ukraine, which may publish results of theses for the degree of doctor and candidate of sciences (technical grade science).
Оновлено: 06/03/2017 - 15:14
Версія для друку